Friday 27 December 2013

Happy New Year

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a good Christmas and Safe new Year, it's been quite a year here at the brewery. from infection to shoulder surgery, and for those of you who read this, thanks for you support.

Last update prior to my first batch in the new year, which will be a patersbier, low Alcohol Belgian beer with the WLP530 i picked up recently, this will then be pitched into a Belgian IPA, and Tripel as well.

my current brew... The Legacy of Wallace is still going, but the disappointing MJ burton yeast, hasn't moved to where it should have. Beer has finished at 1.024, which again continues to lead me to the requirement of a new thermometer.
anyways, it'll be bottled not long after the new year, if it stays sitting at 1.024 it'll be a scottish export 80/-  at 4.3% abv.

Some exciting stuff in 2014, a kegging system, and some work in the brewery, as its pretty messy. so I'll see you all in a couple of weeks, be safe and have a HOPPY New Year...

Oh and Mountain warrior is good... Very Good.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Rob. I've had a similar experience with the MJ Burton yeast. Used it in my Styrian Pale Ale. Just didn't finish where I was wanting it to. Wont be using it again I don't think.

    I managed to wrangle a keg system from Santa, pretty happy. Just need to find a cheap enough freezer to make a keezer....shhhh don't tell the wife.

    Cheers
    J

    ReplyDelete